Whether it is a yearly vacation or a casual road trip, pet parents would love to take their dogs along in their cars. However, it is important to understand that travelling by road can be quite a stressful experience for dogs. It is necessary to take proper precautions and stack required travel essentials like dog guards and transport packs to help your friend enjoy a safe and comfortable journey. Here is some basic advice and tips to help you get started.
1) Safety must always be the first priority. Travall dog guards are vehicle specific accessories that provide a secure partition between the passenger compartment and the boot space of your car. These guards protect your dog, and your family and car as well.
2) Accustom your dog to car travel by taking him on short trips initially. A trip to the dog mart for instance, will help him see car rides in a happy way and associate it with something good.
3) Make sure and keep your pet well hydrated. Make frequent stops and give him plenty of water to drink. Pet travel bowls are ideal for use during journeys. Allow your pet to stretch.
4) Boot mat liners for cars provide improved safety with special anti spill and slip capabilities. Using boot mat liners or dog blankets will help your pet rest comfortable anytime during the journey. Resting is also the best way for your pet to cope with motion sickness.
5) It is extremely important that you do not leave your dog inside a vehicle for too long whatever the weather might be. Dogs can easily get sun stroke in a parked car.
6) If your dog shows signs of motion sickness, consult a veterinarian. Do not self medicate your dog without consulting a specialist. Check with the vet for any hyperactivity problems too.
7) Vehicle carpet mats protect your car from muddy paws and dog hair. Even the sweetest little pup can bring in dirt and dander onto a clean car seat. Vehicle mats address these problems while giving your pet his own special spot within the car.
8) A few selected stores offer travel dog accessories that are custom-made to fit specific cars and models. Ensure you buy only the appropriate accessories to maximize safety for your pet.
Dog guards ensure that your dog has the most comfortable space to sit during travel time. The guards can be customized to fit any car and offer an ideal solution for pet parents on the road.